Safe Return to School – Information for Parents
August 26th 2020
The safe return to school of students and staff is vital. To facilitate that we have been working, over the last few weeks, to make the school as safe as possible. This means that changes have had to be made. These changes are to protect us all. We need the full cooperation of all students in the weeks and months ahead. You, the parents, have a very important role to play in talking to your daughter and preparing her for her return to school. It is important that you discuss the areas highlighted below so that she understands the procedures and the need to follow the instructions of the teachers and staff in all areas of the school grounds.
Taking personal responsibility for our social distancing, hand hygiene and correct cough/sneeze etiquette will keep us all protected.
- Students should stay at home and consult the GP if they have Covid 19 symptoms: a high temperature (over 38), cough of any kind, difficulty breathing orloss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
- Each student is required to wear a face mask/covering in the building. We advise having 3 masks…1 to wear, 1 in her bag in case it is needed and 1 being washed. The used masks need to be washed every evening. This can be done easily using the boiled water from the kettle. Have separate plastic bags to store the clean and used masks in.
- Each student must have their own equipment…pens, pencils, books, copies as they cannot be shared.
- Students will be given designated entry and exit points.
- We will continue to provide lockers but students must be extra conscious of social distancing and turn taking when using them. They can only be accessed at the appointed times.
- A one way system will operate and is clearly marked by arrows on the floor.
- Sanitising stations are provided around the building and at entry and exit points. They need to be used regularly throughout the day as does regular hand washing.
- Students will be staying in their base classroom. They will remain with their own year group at break and lunch times while maintaining social distancing.
- Lunch time will be staggered.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd years will have lunch from 12.35-1.05pm.
- 4th, 5th, LCA1, 6th and LCA2 will have lunch from 1.15-1.45pm.
- School ends at 3.45pm for all students.
- Lunch will be available in the lunch room as in previous years.
- Parents need to make an appointment before they come to the school as per the guidelines. Lunches or other materials cannot be dropped to the school during the school day.
- In the interest of safety please drop your daughter outside the school grounds as is the established practise.
We all need to work together to ensure our safe return to school. The welfare of our school community is vitally important as is the education of our students. The girls need to be in school every day unless they are displaying symptoms of Covid 19. If this happens they need to stay at home. Should your daughter become unwell while in school we will contact you to come to the school to collect her. To protect others and in line with the guidelines your daughter will be waiting in an isolation area.
It very important that we have your current contact details. If you have changed your phone number please let the school know your new number as soon as possible.
We look forward to welcoming our students back to school in the coming days. Stay safe and well and enjoy the remainder of the holidays.
Important Dates 2020-2021:
Students Returning to School…